Funds will be available to a maximum of $3,000 per application for your community to develop and implement community safety and crime prevention initiatives. Funding applications for small grants of under $1000 are encouraged. Your application process and attached quotes must be lodged with NHWA by 5pm Friday 30 June 2017.
The funding can be used for any Neighbourhood Watch crime prevention or community safety project.
The NHWA Community Funding Program is in its fifth year and has been created to fund projects that:
- Continue to engage and strengthen local communities in relation to crime prevention and community safety;
- Promote the exchange of information and further build partnerships between the police, local communities and government;
- Enable safer, connected and inclusive communities.
To be eligible for the NHWA Community Funding Program applicants must be:
- From a member jurisdiction of NHWA OR
- A NHW incorporated not-for-profit organisation OR
- An organisation sponsoring an unincorporated NHW not-for-profit organisation OR
- A Member of an Australian Police Force/Service working in partnership with community.
For more information please go to NHWA Community Funding Program